Sunday, November 24, 2019

Week 11/17-11/22

Investigation: Day & Night in Blender


For my animation I want to show the progression of time and the passing of the day without cutting. To do this time-lapse I will have to create a day and night cycle to progress during the animation. Though, for what I want there were not many good tutorials out there, most of them were for blender game engine. I want to show day, sunset and nighttime with the rotation of the sun and moon but no one has a tutorial like that so mostly for this part I will have to wing it. Kinda sucks but I am up for the challenge. I know exactly how I want it to look like but I will first have to become more familiar with the world settings, as it has not been something I have messed around with before.

Image result for daytimeImage result for sunsetImage result for nighttime with stars and moon

I want each time of day to be depicted in my animation. Not only will it help with the progression of the story-line but it will be much more interesting for the viewer to watch. Also, lighting really changes the point of view of the character and the story, so I am very excited to see how this turns out. This project is definitely a bigger task than I expected but I feel like I can achieve what I have planned.

Hesitations:
Right now I keep reviewing my story and although I had thought it was very original I am worried that it may rip off part of Wall-E and now I am very worried about going through with the project. I don't want someone to see it and be like well that was very nice but you know it kinda just feels like Wall-E. I did not think of this while writing it and now I don't know what to do. Will I have to re-write? I don't want to but I just might have to change some things.

---------------------------------------------------

Monday- Scene Work

Tuesday- More Scene Work

Wednesday- Lighting

Thursday- Absent

Friday- Absent

No comments:

Post a Comment

Highschool Portfolio