Sunday, May 3, 2020

5/3 investigation

Animating Cycles

Walking and running are much different when it come to animating. I think there are three parts to a character rig, the legs, the arms, and the body. Each part has a different motion to follow, yet they effect each other. The legs and body sort of move together and the arms move opposite the legs. To get a smooth animation the parts of the body need to move at the right timing and that is what I am struggling with. I can’t seem to get a smooth animation, it always ends up choppy.

I am not only doing walking and maybe some running in my animation, I am also doing climbing which I feel would be difficult. It is a lot different than a walk or run but also similar. The leg movements are still opposite one another and so are the arms, it’s just different because the model is sideways and making the body look like it is actually grabbing on to something is a challenge.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Highschool Portfolio