Monday, October 21, 2019

Banksy: Text & Image

Who is he?
Image result for banksy obeyWell the interesting thing is that no one really knows. He is anonymous street artist, but possibly the most famous. But why is that? Most people know him for starting a sort of revolution with his art with the text obey over an image of Andre the Giant. It was a phenomenon and took the world by storm. He is also very famous for many other works but this is definitely what has caused the most commotion. In Banksy's film I even learned about how much of an impact his art can cause. He was in a city and had people hunt for his art, but it would only be up for a minimal amount of time. People went crazy and a ton of people participated in the event. It is crazy what he has done.



Text & Image:
Text and image is an art style that is quite different than others. This style can evoke feeling I believe more clearly. It is easier for the artist to get their point across to the viewer because they don't exactly have to guess. Text and image is used in all sort of media. It has been used in street art, magazines and even propaganda. There is a sort of desperateness to this style, because of the text. It is saying something it wants the viewer to know.

Image result for banksy original art

What I have Learned:
For the most part I have learned that this type of art is good to use if you want a solid point across. The viewer may understand what you want them to more easily than if you weren't to add text. I do like this art style but personally I don't know if I will ever use it myself considering I do film and animation, but who knows maybe in the future this research will come in handy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Highschool Portfolio