Sunday, September 20, 2020

Steps to Making An Animated Short Film



Concept:

First it is good to have an idea and write it down. No matter what it is, it is good to try to get a solid idea and put it on paper. That way, when you get to the script/storyboarding it is already a full idea you can work with.

Script/Storyboarding:

Once, you have a thorough idea you can clean it into something you could actually turn into a film, by storyboarding and script writing. These steps are the most important because without a solid base you, can't have a good story. I personally, for animated films, don't really want to do a script because I will then have to get voice actors, but I love storyboarding.

Animatic:

Animatics are a solid way to get something close to the final project early on. I personally, don't think I need to do one with what I want to do, but it could definitely be helpful.

Model:

Finding or creating the best model for your image is important for your final vision. This part I find the hardest because I am not really interested in modeling but I need to find the right model for the story I want to do.

Animate:

This will take the most time and will be the most tedious, making sure you get movements right with the subjects you are animating. I really enjoy getting into the flow and animating for hours on end. I hope to really make a good looking animation this time around.

Render:

Depending on how much you animated the render could take a while, but all you've got to do at this time is wait. Maybe you can start on finding some music for you're film or look back at your concept and storyboard/script.

Editing:

Finally, you almost have a finished product, but it's not quite there yet. You need to color correct of you want to and do film grading and do sound design. This is my favorite part of the whole process because you are so close to finishing. Don't forget credits.

Upload/finish:

Add any finishing touches and watch through the film. Then, upload your finished product.

Work Log:
Monday- Reviewing camera rules
Tuesday- Not in class
Wednesday- Design principals
Thursday- Steps to an animated short film
Friday- Blogpost

No comments:

Post a Comment

Highschool Portfolio