Friday, May 29, 2020

4/26


There is something so graceful and interesting with how ballerinas move. As I wanted try get into 2D animation and I wanted to try animating humans, why not try something interesting like a form of dance. I chose classical ballet and I had to get an idea of how ballerinas move so I watched many videos online like this one. Then I went into my program and had to map out what I wanted the ballerina's movement to look like and the design of the character.


I wanted it to be simple, but then when just using black and white it got boring, so I decided to add shadows. The shadows add more a more dynamic and 3D look to the overall animation and the character. I went through many phases to come to the conclusion to made it simple. At first I drew a whole stage and had planned to use color and facial expressions, but the project became muddy and looked very poorly done. The black and white it much better, because you can focus more on the movement.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Highschool Portfolio