Sunday, October 6, 2019

Week 9-10/30-4/19

                                          My Thoughts:
I have worked on my storyboard but I think I have decided to hold off this project and in the meantime study motion in animation first. I am definitely up to the task of doing this project, just my biggest problem is the changing of the seasons. Fall does not fit the story. Dragonflies really only appear in the spring and summer, also birds become less active and migrate in colder weather. I plan to take this up again but in the meantime I will start on something else. While I struggle to find an idea I will study character movement. I do have a rough idea in the making so, I will solidify this next week. It pains me to not already be working on something, but it is just hard to find what I want to do and work out ideas to execute it.





My Take Away:
On Tuesday I decided to study animation short films and this one really spoke to me. I had originally had an idea of having a story about a girl lost in the woods and she is guided by some light and this I suppose is similar. The story in "Spring" is about a girl who must go into these dark woods and guide these creatures to bring spring to her land. The colors and animation are so smooth, not to mention the models are magnificent. Obviously, I could never pull something like this off but I think it is good to look at what real animators can do.
The awe and wonder this animation brought to me really surprised me. I never expected a short film animation to be able to make me feel this way. I hope to one day be able to create something that is able to invoke deep emotions even if only slightly and inspire people like me.

Next Week:
I plan to not only finalize my new idea but make a new storyboard. Then, I can start on my animation and start studying character movement and more. I think I have finally gotten past my art block and I should follow this till the end. I am excited to see how this will end up and I hope for a good learning experience for my first project.

-------------------------------------------------
Monday- Storyboard

Tuesday- Studying Other Animations

Wednesday- Drone Piloting

Thursday- Storyboard

Friday- Blogpost

No comments:

Post a Comment

Highschool Portfolio