Sunday, January 31, 2021

Marking Period 2 Reflection

Going over my peers work and comparing it to mine, allows me to judge what I need to do better by taking away what they have done and using it. One of my favorite parts of the class is looking at other people's work. Not only is it nice to see what they have been working on, it is also nice to see how they were able to use their time. Also, after reviewing their work it makes me want to work harder so I have something better to show them in the future. I know especially after this year of marking period 2, I need to step up my game. I took so long stuck in a rut, then I see other people's work and how they have succeeded this year and it is a great motivator, because I want to put forth something like that.  

Sean:



I really enjoyed what Sean has done with this marking period. He went above and beyond, doing not only one film, but two. The behind the scenes is basically a whole other film in itself. Paintology, the original film, definitely had a lot of thought put into it. I like the whole kind of avant garde look with the painting and then the use of colors to then show the emotion or memories and feelings the painter was having. What I want to take away from this is his use of more art for art styles. I normally don't go for that type of film animation or actual camera, because I think they can be really cheesy sometimes and I don't want to fall down that hole, but what he did was very cohesive and interesting. he pulled off the art for art ganre in the film really well. I don't know if I could do that myself, but after seeing this I would love to try. His work really inspired me.

Josh:

 

Josh's work very much surprised me. He took a difficult ganre and type of film and was able to do it very well with the time he had. His storytelling was phenomenal, it had me on the edge of my seat and I really made me want to work harder, to achieve something to this magnitude. His twisted story was very thorough for a student film and it shows. I might go back and check on my own story to up the story to better understand my character. You could tell by how well he did his film that he was so eager to do it and that he had fun working on it. I miss working on something you feel really proud of and want to show to everyone. Even just thinking about this film makes me want to go work on my own work, because I am inspired. I never thought you could pull off a dark story like this in a student film, but he did. So, I think maybe taking a couple risks and trying some new things on my end would be a good thing to do.

Brendan:



I chose Brendan to look over, because he is also studying digital things rather than film. I loved how he talked about working on a videogame for and with his friend. I like that he is taking the maybe extra time he has to work on a project with his friends. He has this beautiful character for the videogame he made using some sort of character creator. I have looked into character creators, but I only found ones that you had to pay for, so I don't know if he payed for this software of not, but I would love to know because this turned out very nice looking. He also worked on a crate for the game, he said he's working on basic models for objects to place into the game like crates and barrels. This is a good start and I am excited to see what he does in the future with this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Highschool Portfolio