Sunday, November 8, 2020

Investigation

 Making An Animated Short


This video talks a lot about sticking with an idea that you can do and you feel good about. These are two of my biggest struggles. After I start not liking what I am doing I start hating it even more then I get to the point I no longer want to work on it. Also, I tend to be way over ambitious with my writing and concept that once I get to the point of working on it I work on it for hours and realize I am never going to be able to get this done. What I need to do is stick with something I know I can do but I can also enjoy the outcome. I know if I work I can get what I need done.

Storyboarding is what I am working on right now. In the video she talks about how your character should change from beginning to end and realizing that I think really has helped me conceptualize a good animated short film. I am still unsure if I want to go 3D or 2D. I actually have multiple stories with multiple ideas that I think work better for each. I am excited to start working on this in depth and hopefully I can work on more than one of my ideas. But, I should do what she says and focus on my one idea I know I can accomplish and try my best to be a little original, which is another struggle of mine. I hate when I make an idea and map it out, then realize or feel this has been done before. It really kills my motivation to finish.


Work Log

Monday- Storyboarding
Tuesday- Storyboarding
Wednesday- Questioning my story
Thursday- Video watching on how to make a good story
Friday- Blogpost

No comments:

Post a Comment

Highschool Portfolio